Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pre-packaged vs. Pretty good

So my wife Rachel and I just got done doing Unprocessed October and I mean this in fairly...uh...flexable terms. Church potlucks don't count (going out to eat only counted a little). So it ended up being perhaps not Unprocessed October, but probably the healthiest I've ever eaten in my life. This was made easier by the fact that we'd gotten our first ever CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) this year and we have more fresh veggies in our house then maybe I've ever seen on a consistant basis. The sad part of this is what to pack for lunch. November has arived and I can pack whatever I want and it is certainly easier to pack whatever can be found in the house of a prepackaged variety. I settle for a lunch that has some diversity in it Salt Water Taffy nails down the junk-food end and to Rachel's supprise and my own I toss in all the ingredients to make some vegie-stir fry. I'm sure in a month or two I'll have slipped back into my familiar rut but for now it feels good to resist to Siren's call of the pre-packaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment