Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent, stuff I don't need and one more piece of junk you don't really want.

Advent weeks one and two



Been trying to spend more of my time focusing on things that actually matter to me. I've been trimming some of the fat in the department of commitments and trying to rearrange the furniture in my life to free up some space. To that end I'm also trying to spend a little less time on the interwebs, but I saw this on a friend's facebook, liked it and thought you might all as well. Happy Advent.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you posted that, Gus! I have been feeling the same way...hope when I'm married and have kids I won't turn into the typical suburban Christmas mom...it's hard when society expects certain things from you and it's "selfish" or "unloving" not to go along w/ everything...sadly, gifts are EXPECTED so it's hard to escape this whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Stephanie. I think that's a struggle for a lot of us. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and good luck as you and yours look for some alternatives (big and small).

    ReplyDelete